Events Committee is the beating heart of ESN AGH, organising events that bring together Erasmus students, ESN members and mentors. This committee's main goal is to make sure that you never get bored with us and you bring a bunch of good memories from your Erasmus experience.
There are several categories of the events, each reflecting a different aspect of the exchange:
- CULTURE - Important part of studying abroad is getting to know the culture of your temporary home. Kraków, the former capital of Poland, is a city rich with history and a vault of cultural heritage. Culture events aim at giving Erasmus students access to this heritage in an interesting and entertaining way. Exploring Nowa Huta, listening to the concert in the Kraków Philharmonic, cooking pierogi or pączki together or trying traditional Polish dances are just some examples!
- TRAVEL - You think you have already seen best places in Kraków and you’re still craving for more? Don’t worry! We organise trips to other cities of Poland like Wrocław or Zakopane as well as exploring more distant places. Want to see the village of Santa Claus and join a sleigh ride in Lapland? See amazing churches and palaces of Saint Petersburg? No problem! It’s all possible with the Events committee.
- PARTY - Of course, going abroad is also about meeting new people and having fun! Events committee holds a party almost every week, changing venues and themes and even organising boat parties! If you are looking for something more than a typical party, every Monday you can join Tandem meetings, enjoy conversation with people from all over the world and improve your language skills. Thanks to cooperation with many local clubs you can always be sure there will be a discount waiting for you at the bar!
- ESN BAND - For those who would like to develop their musical skills Events have another opportunity. Join ESN Band, create, rehearse and play with other Erasmus students and show your amazing skills during several events like ESN Christmas Eve or Farewell Ball.
- SPORT - Last but not least, we haven't forgotten about those who want to keep in shape during the exchange! There are volleyball and basketball games every week and a lot of additional activities, ranging from ice skating to climbing!
Everything in a friendly and unique atmosphere perfect for making long-standing friendships. Sounds like big fun? Yes, that's what Events Committee is!